The strength of our company is our people. See the breadth of experience by selecting a bio or a practice area.
Mike is an “outside the box” problem solver.
- Original ideas recognized as first in the nation
- Complete Streets expert
- Unique focus on Place-Making Alternative Intersections
- PI for NCHRP 08-124, Impacts of Corridor Management Strategies
National expert with over 24 years of research and consulting experience relating to the performance and economic role of transportation facilities, corridors and programs.
- Lead Economist for 9 projects
- Led or investigated 10 NCHRP/NCFRP studies
- Economic Freight Analytics
- Chandler has led Benefit / Cost Analysis for some of the most complex projects in the country.
As project manager , Wade has successfully ensured his teams deliver timely, high quality project deliverables within the specified budget.
- 20-years’ experience project management
- 2 Livable Corridor Initiatives to revitalize older corridors
- Developed guidelines for multimodal corridor planning
- Experienced Freight Planning Project Manager
- Freight planning and performance monitoring
Kevin is the former Director of Economic Development for Austin, Texas – a top-tier economic success story.
- 15-billion in capital investment
- 8,000 new jobs
- 2 multi-billion redevelopments
- 22 innovation companies
- helped construct 230 public private partnerships
Matt is passionate about transit ridership forecasting and performance-based planning.
- TRB committee on public transportation planning
- Primary author of the AMPO Award Winning Envision Missoula long range transportation plan
- Pioneered the application of direct-demand models
- Principal policy analyst on NCHRP 08-122 for MPOs
- Expert in transit planning
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and high-capacity transit routes in Charlotte, NC Study
Reid is the 6th most published urban analyst in the world, and a professor at the University of Utah famous for the 7-D’s
- Growing Cooler offers local planning responses to climate change
- Metropolitan accessibility characteristics affect vehicle miles traveled, passenger miles traveled, mode share, trip and parking generation, automobile crashes, obesity, and energy use
- Key measures for project justification and prioritization
Aviation Practice Leader
Matt has conducted over 700 interviews and site visits with stakeholders
- 20+ years of airline and airport consulting experience
- Statewide airport system plans
- Air cargo system plans
- Regional multimodal transportation plans (aviation lead)
- Economic impact studies (airport specific and statewide)
Justin is passionate about engaging private sector stakeholders in the planning process.
- Developed FHWA’s Freight Professional Development Program curriculum
- Secured more than $200 million in grant awards over the past three years
- Project Manager for FAST Act compliant West Virginia Statewide Freight Plan
- Project Manager for Washington State Freight System Plan
Mobility as a Service
David brings deep experience engaging with new transportation technologies.
- maintains David Klahr Consulting
- Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
- Central to New York City on-demand transportation projects during the Bloomberg administration
- Understanding the role of on-demand services and their practices
Travel Demand Forecasting
For 35-years, Rob has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading travel demand modeling experts.
- Maintains FuturePlan, LLC
- Refined over 50 models and more than 30 MPO LRTPs
- Studies in 26 states
- Past Chair and Technical Chair of 2009 and 2011 TRB Transportation Planning Applications Conferences
- Technical Chair of the 2018 and 2020 TRB Tools of the Trade Conferences
Travel Demand Forecasting
Chandra Khare has more than 15 years of experience.
- Travel demand model development
- Corridor planning studies
- Transit ridership and revenue forecasting
- Survey design and market assessment
Rob provides transportation-logistics industry knowledge to meet public sector needs in freight planning and supply chain implementation.
- Site leader Amazon sortation center near Atlanta airport
- 23 years of leadership experience in operations, sales, technology development, site engineering, and project management
Resilience and Sustainability
David has a passion for seeking effective techniques for helping cities achieve fiscal and environmental sustainability.
- Identifying best practices for sustainable development
- How communities build resilience in the face of climate change
- Pioneered state laws in California and Oregon
- Background in media and communication
- An artisan of 7-d development techniques
Specializes in simply visualizing communication
- President Teach America
- Secretary TRB ABJ95 Visualization in Transportation
- TRB Access Management Communication Coordinator
- 40+ years experience in visualization and communication
- Supported 25 national transportation conferences
Transportation planning is an exercise in organization and management, and heavily connected to public policy.
- PhD in “Organization and Management” from Cappella University
- Expert in resiliency
- 21-year Marine Corps veteran
- Led alternatives analysis for 9 wargame scenarios
- Led crisis response plans for Marine Corps Resiliency Working Group
Jeff brings over twenty years of achievement in transportation planning, research, and policy development related to multi-modal transportation networks.
- Six years as Utah DOT’s Planning Director
- Eleven years of transit planning leadership
- Over eight years of relevant private sector expertise
- Established contextually based planning frameworks at Utah DOT
Senior Aviation Planner
Jim has a strong understanding of aviation and airport issues through his experience as an aviation planner and professional pilot.
- 20 years of aviation and airport related experience
- 14 years of experience as an aviation planner
- served on numerous aviation advisory boards
- certified flight instructor
- Pilot for 25+ years
J Scott Lane
Multimodal Planning Expert
In his 28-year career, Scott has emerged as one of the nation’s foremost experts on MPOs
- Executive Director for three MPOs
- Founding chairman of the NC Association of MPOs
- Certified Master Instructor by the League of American Bicyclists
- Led best-practice research in 3 NCHRP projects
- Maintains J.S. Lane Company
Building Community is a passion for Lori who has worked has successfully built, launched, and grown various brands.
- 17 years of experience in marketing, public relations
- Worked with MPOs, state DOTs, and transit authorities
- Worked in community education and awareness
- Public Engagement Plan for public outreach
- NCHRP marketing outreach strategies and tools
If you can dream it up, An can affordably get it on the internet.
- Proficient in multiple computer languages
- developed business intelligence and revenue/loss diagnostics for Target Stores
- Builds dynamic, user-friendly, interactive web applications
- Mapping travel demand model via Google Earth, Google Maps, ESRI
Paul ia a recognized authority in statewide planning and general travel demand model development and application
- 45 years of diverse public and private sector experience,
- Managed projects worth more than $60 million
- Helped with the Michigan DOT Statewide Travel Demand Model update
- Grand Rapids, MI MPO Travel Model update